Carlo Scaramella has been certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney since 1999.
Licensed to practice law in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Mr. Scaramella opened Law Offices of Carlo Scaramella, LLC in 2007.
With 30 plus years of experience litigating civil trials, arbitrations and appeals, his areas of concentration include commercial litigation, class actions and intellectual property disputes in federal and state courts involving matters such as anti-trust and unfair competition; construction; copyright, patent and trademark infringement; corporate, partnership and limited liability company dissolutions and disputes; employment discrimination; false claims and whistleblower actions; franchise agreements; fraud, consumer fraud and fraudulent transfers; insurance coverage concerning property, casualty, liability, disability and environmental claims; purchase and sale of businesses; real property acquisitions and leases; trade secrets and restrictive covenants, Internet law and disputes under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Anti-cybersquatting Act, and alternative dispute resolutions. Intellectual property matters include trademark and copyright registrations, licenses, searches, and administrative proceedings. Patent searches, opinions and registration matters are referred to registered patent attorneys in the applicable discipline. Other matters handled include various commercial transactions involving real, personal and intangible property purchases and sales, financing, franchising, and leasing.
J.D. – University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1984
- American Jurisprudence Award for Constitutional Law
B.A. – Cornell University, College of Arts & Sciences, 1981
- Major: History, Concentration: Physics
- Sigma Phi Fraternity
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney, since 1999
- Co-Chair Solo and Small Firm Committee, New Jersey Association for Justice
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ) and American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Member Various Local and State Bar Associations
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum ®
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Carlo Scaramella, Esq. was admitted to membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum since 2008. These membership organizations and lists of membership are maintained by Million Dollar Advocates Forum, LLC. A description of the selection methodology used for admission to membership can be found at www.milliondollaradvocates.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Speaker, New Federal Defense of Trade Secrets Act, New Jersey Association for Justice, Boardwalk Seminar, 2017
- Speaker, Class Actions, Past Present and Future, New Jersey Association for Justice, Boardwalk Seminar, 2015
- Speaker, Privilege, Work Product or None of the Above?, Burlington County Bar Association, 2015
- Moderator and Speaker, Civil Trial Preparation, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Moderator and Speaker, Business Torts Litigation: Update 2001, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2001
- Speaker, Preparation and Use of Expert Witnesses, Camden County Bar Association, 1999
- Moderator and Speaker, Business Torts Litigation: Update 1997, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1997
- Speaker, Business Torts Litigation II, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1993